Your Straight Smile Awaits
At Scotia Orthodontics, we want you to feel comfortable during your first visit. Your initial appointment is scheduled for 1 hour. During which we may need to perform imaging tests. We'll use this time to answer key questions, including whether orthodontic conditions are present, whether treatment should be delayed or initiated, and what treatment options could be used to correct the problem.
After we have gathered all the necessary information, we will discuss our findings with you and recommend a course of treatment that is tailored to your specific needs and goals. Our friendly team is always happy to answer your questions and provide the information you need to make the best decisions for your oral health. We want you to feel comfortable and informed throughout the entire process, and we are excited to be a part of your journey to a healthy, beautiful smile!
- Any dental or medical insurance cards that you have
- Any previous dental or orthodontic records taken within the past six months, including X-rays, if available
- A list of any medications that you are currently taking
- A list of any questions or concerns that you have about your orthodontic treatment
Insurance & Finance
- All major credit cards accepted
- Discounts available for active military, multiple family members, and dental professionals
- Flexible in-house payment plans to suit your budget
- Low initial down payment for affordable treatment
- FSA and HSA accepted for convenient payment options
- Insurance policies are accepted to help cover treatment costs’
We believe that everyone should have access to quality orthodontic care. We work with you to create a personalized financial plan that fits your budget. We offer low initial down payments, in-house financing, and flexible payment plans that make getting the treatment you need affordable. We accept all major credit cards.
Additionally, we offer discounts to active military, multiple family members, and dental professionals.
We understand that navigating insurance can be challenging, which is why we have an insurance coordinator to help maximize your benefits. As a courtesy to our patients, we will file all necessary insurance claims and communicate with your insurance company on your behalf.
We also accept Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA) to help cover the cost of treatment. We recommend contacting your employer or insurance provider directly if you have questions about your specific benefits.
Filling out our patient intake forms is now more convenient than ever! You can complete them online from the comfort of your own home before your first appointment. This not only saves you time but also helps us make your consultation appointment more efficient.
If you have any questions about the forms or need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact our office.